Thursday, August 14, 2008

Redemption for women's gymnastics...

...Yet I still feel a little empty inside. Matt and I have been sitting on our couch all night on pins and needles with our hands covering our eyes as we watched each tumbling pass in the last rotation.

So I'm finally over the fact that these little Chinese girls are nowhere NEAR the eligible age to compete, but tonight's competition brought on a whole new problem - CHEATING JUDGES! What in the world! How many bobbles did they freaking overlook while the little Chinese girls were on the beam? And how freaking harsh were they on little ShawnJohn (that's what Matt and I lovingly refer to Shawn Johnson as).

I was really hoping ShawnJohn would take the gold. She's just so cute and she seems so nice! She's always smiling and bouncing around, literally. Nastia is awesome, but she always looks furious, which you can clearly see in these two pictures... Okay obviously I carefully selected these two pics to prove my point, but still. Also, another point - Nastia wasn't even born in the U.S.!

Come on!

You're gold in our hearts Little ShawnJohn!
~ Your biggest fans, Matt & Alexis

P.S. Bela Karolyi is my favorite man ever, I love watching him give his enthusiastic thoughts on what's going on. The expert did coach the only person to ever get a 10 on the beam (Nadia Comanici is my hero). I also love how the Romanian coach has transformed into an avid U.S.A. fan.

P.P.S. Matt loves gymnastics now.

P.P.P.S. Matt and I kept wishing that the Chinese girls would stumble or fall, but then we'd quickly take it back thinking that their families would disown them or their coaches would revoke their eating privileges later that night or maybe forever.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

That's funny, I was just telling Jordan last night that Nastia looks like she is mad at the world. What is her deal??