Sunday, August 12, 2012

Newport Day 1

So Matt's family has a yearly family reunion with just his immediate family members and this year it was in Newport a couple months after Embry was born. Matt and I were dead set on not going because I didn't prefer to be seen in a bathing suit 2 months after giving birth and Matt can only miss school if someone dies, for real. ANYWAY, a couple days before this trip, I had a feeling I should go. I can't tell you why - it was so weird! I was playing Just Dance on the wii with the kiddlies and all of a sudden and I had the overwhelming feeling that I needed to take the kiddlies on this vacation. Matt thought I was joking when I told him and then realized I was serious. So we made all of the arrangements and BAM! I was heading to Southern California with three kids ALL BY MYSELF.

First, we stopped in St. George to break up the drive. Thank goodness my parents moved there - good timing! We stayed overnight in St. George and then headed out to Newport pretty early in the morning. I had everything set up perfectly in the car. Adam was banished to the back row of the van so he couldn't pull anyone's hair and I couldn't hear him screaming. :) Livy was right by Embry helping her stay calm during the 6 hour drive. The kids did AMAZING on the way there. I was so proud of them! Livy fed Embry bottles that I pumped and Adam had minimal melt downs!

First, we got him these sweet shades so he could look just like Daddy!

Sunday -- We got there Sunday afternoon and spent the day meeting new family (for Embry), playing ball with Grandpa Rick, and eating Grandma Sherrie's yummy pancakes. 

You can't really see it, but the first night we were there, Liv got a huge goose egg on her forehead. She was so excited when her cousins got there and she was running and ate it in the bathroom. It was so sad/cute, through her tears she was like, "Why am I so excited right now, Mommy!"

No comments: