Alexis bought this Groupon for 2 hours of tubing at Soldier Hollow in Midway. Since the aforementioned Alexis is with child, it was my privilege to make the trip to Midway for a little slip sliding bonding time with the daughter. So this morning, Alivia and I suited up and hit the road.
In case it wasn't obvious, I was not super excited to drive all the way to Midway and drag Alivia up and down the hills. Alivia had her own misgivings as well, mostly surrounding careening down an icy slope on a small tube. After many bedtime stories of Alivia's beloved Ryan the Frog (our imaginary frog friend who gets into trouble daily only to be saved by his friends Alivia the Frog and Baloo the Bear) having a blast tubing and playing in the snow, her fears were quieted.
As we left this morning she was pretty pumped, which caused my own attitude to improve greatly. We stopped and got some treats for the ride and Alivia settled down in the back seat with a movie on the iPad. It turns out a 50 minute drive with Alivia is very enjoyable, especially with no screaming younger brother who shall remain nameless.
Alivia was very cute and all the tourists couldn't get over her eyes and how well she speaks for someone who looks like she is 2.
We made it up and down 5 or 6 times in our allotted time. It was a very warm day, which was nice but it also made the snow slushy and not very slippery. People would get about halfway down the hill and get stuck. I don't know if we never got stuck because I'm super fat and had a lot of momentum or because I have impressive tubing skills. Probably the latter. The highlight for Alivia was when her rope came off of the lift that drags you up the hill and she slid down next to me. Luckily I caught on to her rope and towed her up the hill with me. All in all it was a fun daddy daughter date.


No comments:
Post a Comment