We celebrated Halloween at my parents' this year during our recovery week after the wedding. Livy was in heaven at Nana and Pata's. Matt had to go home to work during the week but surprised us by coming out for the weekend so he could see the kids all dolled up for Halloween. So we went to 2 trunk or treats so that Matt could see one.
Trunk or Treat Take 1: At my parents' ward
Hey, Hobbes. He was chillin with all of the ladies who were falling in love with him all night. It's hard not to. He's freaking cute.
Then poor Liv got stung by a bee!!! It was the weirdest thing. She came over and was whining, not really crying, about bees being over where she was dancing and so she sat with me for a while. Then like a half hour later, she said, "Mom, the ladybug stung me!" And she held up her hand. I felt so bad! She started to almost cry so instead I asked, "The ladybug peed on you???" And she started laughing and then told everyone that a ladybug peed on her hand... Good thing she isn't allergic. Another little kid got stung 12 times - so I guess we were lucky!
We had a fun lesson on sharing after we got home.Trunk or Treat Take 2: At my parents' old ward
We stepped it up from princess to queen on the second night. This is her "princess hands" pose by the way.
She was feeling very photogenic and kept asking me to take pictures of different poses. Adam was not picking up on the photogenic vibe. I like to think he's calling her out on her pretend niceness towards him. "Yeah right, you're all hugs! You're usually pushing me to the ground!!!" (That's Adam talking in case I'm being really confusing right now - which is usually the case)
Going around with Daddy. When we got there, we found out we came at the end - which turned out kind of perfect. Livy went straight to the trunk or treating and then we left after she hit one row of cars. We all got our fill.



2 comments:
Livy's little comment to Matt the other night warmed my heart. She is such an expressive little girl, you are going to have so many fun memories with her.
She truly did look like a princes (and queen). Wow, did you make that costume? It was incredible!
Your mom must love having you so much closer to home. Sad for us, but happy for her!!
I have a good idea. T can marry Livy (I'm sure he'll love the whole older woman idea...and if not, I'll force him!) And then #2--I think I should pop out a little girl next and have her marry your little Adam. Let's just inter-marry the whole fam! Love that idea.
Post a Comment