So... there's a lot I wanted to update about how this little guy is getting here. I kept going to each of my appointments and my doctor kept being surprised that I was still pregnant! Yeah, you and me both! So at my appointment two weeks ago, we decided to push back the c-section date - because everything was ready with me - we were just waiting for his little head to engage and I wanted to give him the time that he needed. So she sent me home with some exercises to do to get this little sucker in the right position.
So then a week later, I show up on my due date - still very much pregnant and again my doctor is amazed. And so she decides to talk to me about getting induced. She explained all of the risks, but basically said that my chances for a c-section are no greater than anyone else getting induced because of how ready my body is. So I asked how soon I could get induced and she said, oh - maybe I shouldn't have told you that. My schedule is completely booked for the next two weeks.
And I'm pretty sure she saw the tears begin to weld up in my eyes. All of my hopes for a VBAC were completely obliterated and I was preparing myself to start bawling once she left the room. So seeing this great despair, she said, get dressed and come into my office and I'll stare at my schedule to see if I can do anything. So we went into her office, and she made Tuesday work!!! She warned me that I would have to explain to her husband why she was going to come home late that night - to which I replied I would send him a box of chocolates.
So we go into the hospital TOMORROW at 7 A.M.! I know that I could still very well have a c-section again after all is said and done - but I'm just so grateful for the chance to TRY! Prayer has played such a big part in this pregnancy and delivery! I'm so thankful to my Heavenly Father for this chance, even if it turns out as disastrous as the first. Then I'll finally accept my place in the c-section club...
So anyway, wish us luck! Let me know if you'd like to be on the text list for the announcement of his arrival! If not, I'm sure Matt will be updating both of our Facebook accounts constantly!
3 comments:
We better get a text. That's all I am going to say. Lola can't wait for her husband to be born, and we'll be thinking of you guys all day tomorrow!
Um, I don't have facebook, so good luck with pushing the little sucker out!
Ooh! Ooh! If it's not too late, add me to the text list! Dunno if I'm even on your phone anymore. I won't feel bad if I'm not. I may just have to wait for the bloggy cuz I'm so uncool that I don't even have facebook. Good luck! I hope he comes healthy and that you recover well! You're getting me so excited and nervous for the big day too!
Post a Comment