Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Awesome faces on pumpkins and Livy

So our good friends the Matthews and the Davis came over for FHE on Monday for a pumpkin carving fest. I bought the biggest pumpkin I could find and subsequently had a very difficult time cutting through the top to gut it. I finished cleaning out my man-sized pumpkin about the same time that everybody else was done carving theirs. As it turns out I am not creative at all and seeing Todd Matthews carve the Y into his pumpkin representing our beloved Alma Mater I couldn't come up with anything else. After Alexis designed it for me it actually turned out pretty sweet. See for yourself. Alivia has sort of a love affair with the camera these days. You can see her earring here a little bit but it is pretty much impossible to get a shot of the side of her head unless she is asleep. The red light is just too amazing. Color me biased but my kid is freaking cute. We chose the opposite approach of our parents regarding The Simpsons. They chose to ban it - we chose to embrace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pumpkin looks like the flux capacitor on back to the future! Love,

Dad

Unknown said...

Alivia is so darn cute I love her faces!
Also it is so opposite in my fam my parents were Simpson freaks! My mom still schedules Sunday dinner around it...we just roll our eyes:)

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

Good job on the pumpkin and your right Alivia is so dang cute!! She makes the best faces ever!

The Pistorius' said...

haha that cracks me up!!! my parents couldnt make up their minds about the simpsons... my dad loves it but my mom is not a fan.... lol