Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dickens Festival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you think this title has too many exclamation marks? I don't think it has enough. This was the one Christmas adventure I was most excited about. I remember going to this every year when I was little and taking pictures with Father Christmas and getting random little trinkets from the boutiques. The Dickens Festival is awesome! So Matt finally gave in (after months of showing it to him on the internet and talking to him about it) and we got to go! 

 Woo! Dickens Festival 2011!

 How bad did they want these!?

Here are the 10 foot Ghosts from A Christmas Carol walking around - didn't freak the kids out at all...

Adam has been making the funniest faces lately! That is kettle corn in his mouth, by the way, and yes he still only has 4 teeth on the bottom! I'm starting to think he has a rare disease where he has no teeth...

Okay, so we happened to sit down for a second to take a break and this little singing and dancing group came out on stage - they were Liv's age - and the Livy was HOOKED! Apparently, her Jordan genes run strong! We had to watch the whole performance and now all she wants to do is sing and dance - Nana's dream come true.

 REINDEER!

 Here are the little trinkets the kids got - Adam loves his light up sword.

And here was the best part! Father Christmas! Adam didn't even cry - he's the actual real Santa so why would he? Father Christmas knew to give Adam the candy cane first to win him over - then Adam became his best friend! He was actually smiling for a couple pics they took but I guess those didn't turn out. Also, who else is amazed that I got Matt to take a family pic with Santa? He must really love me. :) And the pic is totally scanned because I wasn't about to pay an arm and a leg for the CD!

The kids were so happy on the way home! Yay for traditions in the making - whether Matt accepts it or not!

No comments: