So, my mom and I ran a HALF MARATHON!!! 13.1 freaking miles. It was amazing! Seriously, this is probably the first goal I've ever set for myself and followed through on, thanks to my mom. After our 10k in March, I felt like throwing myself into a ditch - it was the worst experience ever. But after the half marathon, I felt awesome! I wasn't dying! After we crossed the finish line I didn't want to throw myself on my stomach on the street - I was so surprised!
It was the best half marathon we could have ever picked. It was slightly downhill most of the time, there was a breeze hitting us in the back which was awesome, and the weather was PERFECT! Not too hot with a slight breeze.
The morning was the only rough part. We had to leave my house at 3:30 AM to go to Provo where we rode a shuttle to the starting point. We got there around 4:00 and froze to death for two hours. There were these little fires around, but they were teeny. People kept climbing up the mountain in search of branches and whatnot. Our particular fire came pretty close to burning the entire mountain. For real.
1 comment:
You freaking rock!!! I seriously want to be a runner so bad, but I hate it. You made great time too!
Post a Comment