Friday, December 10, 2010

Livy dropped the H bomb

This little one has had some interesting things to say lately! She seriously talks a mile a minute! I'm not kidding. And she NEVER STOPS! You'd think she would run out of things to say, but when that happens she then starts describing exactly what you or she is doing at that moment to keep the conversation going.

Yesterday, she woke up from her nap and I guess she had just had a dream that I was yelling at her (awesome - mom of the year award when your kid is dreaming about you being mad at her...) and in her dreamy state of mind told Matt, "I hate Mom. She's a mad guy." Yep, she dropped the H bomb. Luckily it has zero sting - I mean, with the way I was when I was younger - she was bound to say it MUCH sooner than later. She also calls the villains in shows "mad guys." It's so funny.

And lately we've been talking about what Christmas is and at first when we asked she would say: "Jesus will open his presents and share with me!" Now she says: "Jesus' birthday. And he got a star. And he will share his presents!" Yesterday, in the car, she could not stop talking about Jesus. We were on a 45 minute drive to take something to Matt and she talked that whole time about Him. Here are some of the things she said:

"Jesus misses me."
"Jesus is my best friend!"
"Jesus is my brother and Adam is my brother and my best friend!"
"Jesus LOVES me!"
"Jesus love you too, Adam!"
"Jesus loves everyone!"
"I miss Jesus."
"Jesus died, but Jesus He's at the temple. I'm getting married in the temple! Jesus and Heavenly Father will be there!"
"I saw Jesus last week." (??? I think she meant church...)
This was only the stuff I can remember. But it went on for a good 45 minutes!

She also LOVES to call people on her pretend phone. It's usually one of her two grandmas or Cos. She will carry on the funniest conversations! Today she called Grandma Sherrie on her phone and kept saying, "Thanks so much for my snowman. I love it!" It's so hilarious. Then when she's talking to Nana she'll just keeping saying yes and no over and over like she's answering questions.

But seriously, this kid is so freaking smart. Life with her is going to get super interesting in a couple years. I don't know how we're going to keep up!

Anyhoo, lately these two have become the best of friends. I'm really trying to instill friendship status with these two from the get-go. I want them to always stand up for each other and have fun with each other so we're constantly telling Livy that Adam is her brother but also her best friend! Adam loves watching Livy and is always trying to keep up with her and Livy has taken on the parent/boss-head role most of the time to him, but she loves playing with him, too. It's fun to watch!

Best FriendsLove these crazies!

2 comments:

Michele McKee. said...

Heather was just like that when she was a little girl, one time when she was about 3, one of my girl friends watched her for me. When I picked her up my friend said to me, "How do you do it?" "Do what?", I asked. "How do you handle the talking, she never stops!" I just laughed, to me it was normal, but I learned that not all kids talk up a blue streak!

Once she got to be a teenager it was even better, when she went to an activity I knew I was going to get the full "lo - down" on what the event was like. (i.e. decorations, music, food, attendance, conversation and on and on!) I loved every minute of it, and totally missed it once she was gone!

Jessica and Reece said...

Don't worry, Lola scoots around the house singing, "Dam, dam, dam, dam"

I'd like to think she's referring to a structure that holds back water, but something tells me she picked this word up from us.