Wednesday, December 8, 2010

All About My Second Baby


So I did this with Livy and it's been on my mind lately and I want to remember these things about the boy before I forget.

1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED?: Yes and it took longer this time than it did with Liv. I started getting baby hungry around the time Livy turned 1. We prayed and of course got our answer and then after 2 or 3 months I ended up impregnated!

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?: Yep, almost a solid 3 years! Woo!

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?: We weren't as insane as we were with Livy but we were SUPER excited! And so glad that we had freaking awesome insurance :)

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?: I was 22 when I got pregnant and BARELY 23 when I had him. I was hoping to be 22 still to be able to say I had a baby at 21 and at 22 but the little sucker refused to come out according to plan.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?: I had took the test and never looked back! And of course I found out I was preggo before missing a period or anything. I like to know as soon as humanly possible.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?: I can't remember. Everyone we knew probably. I got ratted out at church thanks to my friend Raquel :) so literally everyone we knew found out almost ASAP.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?: Ha! Like that's even a question. OF COURSE. I forced Matt to take me at 15 weeks (we lied and said we were 16) to some lady who did ultrasounds in her house ??? So weird, but she was really nice and it was a fun experience with Livy. And we found out we were having our first little boy!!!

9. DUE DATE?: Feb. 26, 2010 (2 days before my b-day) - But he was going to be a c-section on Feb. 23 at 5:30 in the morning - but then I wanted to try a vbac.

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?: I was super nautious and lost like 15 lbs at the beginning again - but I didn't barf as much as I did with Liv. I only puked like 3 times with this little one - so much nicer!

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?: Okay for the first part I freaking LOVED deviled eggs (???) So crazy, and then towards the end all I ever wanted was pizza - all day everyday.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?: I was just irritated at how tired I was ALL OF THE TIME. I was so much more tired this time around.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR SECOND CHILD'S SEX?: Boy!!!

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?: I was way excited to have my little boy! When we would tell strangers in CA - they would be like - perfect - a boy and a girl - you're done! haha Little do they know :)

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN?: I think around 30 this time. 10 lbs. more than last time.

16. DID YOU HAVE BABY SHOWERS?: Yes and it was PERFECT! So much better than my first experience. My friends in Fair Oaks took me to my favorite restaurant - Red Robin and we ate dinner and I was showered with gifts - totally my style - I loved it! My awesome cousins even came which was so cool!

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?: I knew.

18.DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?: Of course. I only like having kids while almost dying. I went into labor on my own with just a tiny bit of pitocin. Then after a HORRIBLE epidural experience - his heart rate started to drop. So I was given a crazy drug that sped up my heart and stopped contractions. Then a minute later nothing changed and I was rushed to the operating room. When I was opened up (with much more pain this time) they found out my uterus had almost completely ruptured. This kid could have fallen into my stomach if I hadn't gotten in there when I did.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?: Folsom Mercy Hospital in Folsom, CA - I will miss you!!!!

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?: 5ish hours I think? Not as long as the first time.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?: Mateo. That was the only time I saw him while in the hospital :) Dumb Air Force!

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?: Matt was there more towards the end because things were so insane.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?: C-section - bleh!

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?: I'm definitely pro-epidural - except for when they don't work - I hate pain!!!

25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?: 7 lbs. 13 oz.

26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN?: 3-2-10 (Coolest birthday EVER!) at 2:05 p.m.

27. WHAT DID YOU NAME YOUR CHILD?: Adam Calvin Wiseman. Adam after Matt's brother who passed away 5 years ago and Calvin because it's my dad's and brothers' middle name. I like it.

28. HOW OLD IS YOUR SECOND BORN TODAY?: 9 Freaking months already! He's massive! I love it!

Don't you love these pajamas? They're so cute! And the hat, of course. It's my favorite.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I'm glad you posted this because I did one for Kaylan and not Kenna... how rude. I'm going to do one for her too.

Anywho, Adam is way cute! I love his pudgy lil fingers!