Monday, June 14, 2010

Time to Toot My Own Horn

I generally don't like posting things solely about me - I prefer to have this blog about the kids and family happenings - but this particular post affects our whole family so I'm making an exception...

So I haven't really been blogging a lot lately because I've been consumed with my new hobby/way of life. I've become one of those crazy coupon ladies and it is SO AWESOME!

Since May, I have saved over $500 on groceries/diapers/health stuff/etc.

This morning has been my most proud moment so far. I spent $43.28 and saved $172.47!!! And that was on a total of 69 items!!! Included in those 69 items were a couple $10 razors; a couple Herbal Essences products; a mega pack of Huggies (normally $18 - ended up being about $5!); a ton of groceries (including 6 boxes of cereal - 3 Frosted Flakes, Honey Nut Cheerios, and 2 normal Cheerios - ended up being .50 a box); a couple body wash es and deodorants for Matt; AND MUCH MORE.

Ah! I'm so proud! Every time I go and save a ton of money - I make Matt look at everything I bought (which is all nicely laid out on our table, of course) and I make him marvel for about 5 minutes. He LOVES it... haha I've learned that the most I'll pay for cereal (always name brands) is $1 - but that's only if it's a cereal I really want - besides that it's usually .50. I've also learned that you should never pay more than $1 for expensive battery-powered razors. And I'll only get toothpaste, toothbrushes, and deodorant if it's free.

Here are some examples of my awesome savings:

Do you like how nicely they are all laid out? haha
All of this cost me $20.03!!! (That includes 11 boxes of cereal!!!)

This doesn't look like a lot - but I got all of this SHIPPED TO ME for $2.50!!!

We are so stocked on food and toiletries right now - we had to go get some more shelves for extra storage space! It's funny how happy it makes me... haha

Done tooting.

3 comments:

OramHouse said...

I am laughing so hard right now. It is SO addicting, right? I also lay everything out on the table and make Ben look at it and then proudly announce the cost!

Shara said...

hahahahaha so you just clip coupons?? Explain...

The Pistorius' said...

i love coupon shopping!! i havent gotten as into it as i should but u r AWESOME!! what r some great savings this next week??