Saturday, January 10, 2009

Constipation is no fun, constipation hurts someone...

...mainly Alivia. Our poor little girl is constipated for the first time ever and needless to say, we've both been crying our eyes out. It is so hard to watch her go through this! We've given her numerous baths, a ton of apple juice, prunes, and still no progress! I hate this! We've called and the pediatrician said there's really nothing else we can do. Does anyone have any other suggestions!?!

This has been her face every 20 minutes when she tries to poop again. :(

P.S. Thank you for your suggestions for editing programs. The picnik one is bomb!!!

8 comments:

Natasha said...

infant massage. i have another friend who is going through this and i promised i would make a video for her this weekend. i will give it to you also (i'm a certified infant massage instuctor)

Alexis said...

Yeah we tried to massage but she was not having it and I'm sure we were doing it wrong. She finally had a final poop blow out it was insane and we were all crying... but I think it's finally over. But it would be awesome to have that for if this ever happens again!!!

Becca Gilbert said...

Hey Alexis this is Becca Gilbert! I just found your blog!!! Um my sister is a nurse and when her kids were constipated she gave them Milk of Magnesia?? It worked really well!!!! So sad to see them like that! Your baby girl is ADORABLE!!! She has the most beautiful eyes!

Kelli said...

Ahh, Kaylan was constipated about a week ago. It's definitely the saddest thing EVER! We fed her lots of veggies and had her drink a ton of water and it went away after a couple days.

Poor little thing. I feel for you guys, it's SOO hard/sad to have to watch. :(

Natasha said...

okay i will create a group on facebook. i'll do it after work so it should be up by this evening. and you can massage them even if they're not constipated...it might help it from not happenning again. :)

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

I thought fiber was the only way to go...it works really well for Keizya. I'll put a teaspoon of fiber in her bottle and then out comes all of her banana constipated poop! You can buy it at the grocery store next to the vitamins and medicines. It's in a green and white plastic bottle like the children's puff's container. I promise, it works wonders! I'm so sad for her though until she gets the plug out! Good luck!

Maranda said...

Hehe, I found your blog! :) A mom I knew had a baby that had chronic constipation and she used to use suppositories. She wouldn't put the whole thing in there, just like 1/2 or a 1/4th. It wasn't pretty, and she had to hold her butt cheeks together for a little while to keep it in there, but it seemed to work in the end. No pun intended. It looks like the problem may have been solved already, but just in case she has troubles in the future, it's just a thought. :)

Anonymous said...

Two things that help a lot and work very fast is Cheerios, and 100% white grape juice, or apple juice (try Adam and Eve or Juicy Juicy). We have tried the Suppositories and they are very painful for the sweet one, but they do work... I would try other things first though.
Good Luck!