Here I am in all my glory at 39 weeks at 4:45 in the morning - ready to have my baby! Why the face, you ask? I was smiling for the first picture but Matt informed me that my posture wasn't awesome... so here's the face he got for the next one.
I'm so excited to be in this hospital gown!
One of Matt's self candid pics
This IV was the WORST experience so far! I had 3 different nurses poke me a total of 7 times until they finally got it in and going. Lesson learned - don't let the poor night shift nurses do your IV - they are worn out and tired! Always have a rested nurse come in to do this!
All dressed up in his gear - waiting to come in and join me. Two funny stories... First, they told Matt to put his getup on over his clothes (duh) - but then they explained that a dad got completely undressed and then put this paper thin outfit on! haha Poor guy. The nurses ended up never telling him but just getting him something extra to put on so he wasn't showing the world everything!
Second, getting the spinal block without Matt by my side was horrendous. The nurse was nice enough to let me hold her hand during this process, but after it was in - that's when the terror occurred. I felt SO FREAKING WEIRD! I'm pretty sure I told the anesthesiologist that I felt like I was going to blow up. He must have thought I was a crazy person. I just kept shifting my top half from side to side like I was dying. I'm sure it was only 45 seconds of this - but it felt like a lifetime!! I was seriously telling myself I will never have another kid - this is it! I don't ever want to feel this way again! Finally, Matt came in after the exploding drama had ended. That process would be so much easier if he were allowed to be in the room with me! I'm not bitter.
Get ready for gross baby pics - and no, babies do not look like the newborns you see on TV...
Everyone was impressed with the amount of hair this girl had. The nurse also mentioned to Matt that she looked younger than a week early. I think she was actually two weeks early since the doctor moved up my date when I was like 14 weeks. She was so much tinier than my other babies even though she weighed almost the exact same as Liv. Also, I heard the nurse comment about her tongue the second they pulled her out. Her crazy long tongue has been sticking out at us ever since!
Our poor baby girl had to have oxygen AND an IV in for a little while while I was in recovery. How sad do these pictures look?? She was fine soon after until all the drama that happened a couple days later - that's a whole other post. Since this took a while, Matt came and visited me up in the recovery room. He had read my mind! I was hoping he would come up and see me and tell me how she was doing. I loved my nurse, though. She kept bringing me super warm blankets - I didn't even get the shakes this time! Planned c-sections are so much better!
All cleaned up! And apparently sporting some rock star mohawk look...
Finally meeting her and napping with her!
The kids were so excited to meet her! They came to the hospital everyday - usually twice. We could hear their heavy footsteps a couple seconds before they got to our door. Adam would come right in and get on his chair and say my baby!! Then he would hold her for two seconds and say all done! Then Liv and Nana would fight over who got to hold her and for how long... haha Livy took this last picture to school the day after I had her because sharing time had to start with an S - so she was able to show everyone her new sister! She was stoked.
After our first night together - she slept so well! She is such a good sleeper - thank goodness!
More awesome pics of our stay before she was banished to the Level 2 Nursery...
First outfit ever!
And I have no idea who she looks like. She looks more like Adam to me but has Liv's mouth. She's a funny little mix between the two but definitely has her own look. I can't wait to see how she's changed in a month or two.











1 comment:
So many thoughts for this post!
1. YOU LOOK AMAZING! I need your diet and exercise routine for your pregnancy, stat!
2. She was gorgeous even with all the baby goo! Pretty hair, pretty face!
3. I've never seen a baby look so good right after birth!
Congrats!!
Post a Comment