Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Livy Lou's Big Birthday Haircut!

So Liv wanted her hair chopped off for her birthday. Being a victim of forced polygamist long hair my whole childhood, I promised myself I would always let my kids do whatever they want with their hair. So I agreed to the cut even though her long hair was so beautiful! It made me so sad to see it go!

We set up the appointment with my neighbor, Heidi, and the day before going into the salon - Liv had a chat with her so that Heidi knew exactly what she wanted. The conversation went like this...

Liv: I want my hair cut to my shoulders and I want bangs!
Heidi: Actually, we can't do bangs because of your two cowlicks at the center of your forehead. But we could do layers?
Liv: Okay I want my hair cut to my shoulders with layers and a pink feather!
Me: ???

How did this kid even know that feathers were a possibility to put in hair!?! And, of course, she wants a pink one! Heidi thought it was awesome and even put one in her daughter's hair as well. Now all of our neighborhood girls want a pink feather in their hair - hilarious!

It was so long!

She thought this was the most hilarious part.

She felt so big getting her hair done!

Ta daaa!

And there's the sweet feather! Also, her sassy new look has given her even more of a sassy attitude - who knew that was possible! Seriously, can anyone tell me how to survive teenagers???

1 comment:

Kari McCallon said...

I love her haircut! She looks adorable! Glad you let her do it.