I use the babysitting term lightly because my baby brother is 12 and besides having to tell the little butthead to brush his teeth in the morning, he can pretty much take care of himself. So basically, it was me and Livy staring at each other all day long saying "What d'you do want to do?" "I don't know, what d'you want to do?" (Jungle Book reference, the vultures, it's hilarious if you know what I'm talking about...)
Here's Livy with Ky. She bonded with him during that week. When he would come home from school, she would get so excited! I guess he made up for Matt being gone. Everytime we got on iChat to talk to him, she would try to reach through the computer to him.

I did learn some things about the grasp that Livers has on the English language. Apparenly, we haven't been teaching her what the word NO actually means.
For example...
I said: "Livy, don't touch those diapers."
Livy's translation: "Take down all of the diapers and start chewing on them."
I said: "Livy, don't go up those stairs."
Livy's translation: "Climb up all of the stairs and look back at me to make sure I'm watching you deliberately disobeying me."
Also, while we were there, my mom handed me this big bag of awesome bows that this person in her ward randomly made me. They were so freaking cute! Here's some pigtail awesomeness. The green ones I made, but the red ones the other lady made.

No comments:
Post a Comment