So Matt and I have had quite the adventure for the past week. After we went to Colorado, we agreed to babysit/housesit our sister-in-law, Donnie's, sister's four kids while her and her hubby went out of town to watch the BYU game. I went from having a 4-month old to having a 9-year-old, 8-year-old, 6-year-old, and a 2-year-old, plus Livers, of course.
Here's Livers with Caden. These were my two little buddies all day while the other kids were at school. At first, Caden wasn't a fan of sharing attention with Livers, but by the end of the week he would come lay by Alivia and chill with her - it was so cute.
So I learned a couple things during the 5 days that we watched these little ones:
1. I am not ready for toddler poop! Ew! I'm used to baby diarrhea that looks like mustard - but not actual poop! Luckily I have a little while longer before that happens! I had a little changing station set up in the house and spent the majority of the day there with these two.
2. Tweens have attitude! Here's Brinley (9) and Casey (8).
They were super sweet and helpful, but had their moments. Unfortunately, Alivia is only 5 months old and I can already tell she's going to have a lovely dose of attitude at an early age - payback for my parents, I guess.
3. If you leave a 2-year-old for even a SECOND - mayhem occurs!!! I would leave this kid in his high chair to go check on Livy and BAM!!! Peanut butter and jelly would be in his hair and on the floor! Also, 2-year-olds are flight risks! I had to make sure he hadn't escaped every time the door opened.
Also, Ben and Donnie brought the boys over while we were there so all of the cousins could play together. Their littlest one, Jake, is three months younger than Alivia, but is only smaller by like two pounds! It's crazy!
Here we have Dumbo meets the Bumbo
2 comments:
Yeah... that one kid at a time thing... doesn't always happen. My sister-in-law Robyn, has two older kids ages 9 and 6. Divorced then remarried and just had a baby in May. We were at the baby blessing in July. Just found out... She's pregnant... with TRIPLETS!!!!!!!! Can you EVEN IMAGINE DOUBLING Your Family in 8 months time!!!!! AAAHHH!!! She's still in shock! Just thought I'd share that with you, to get excited about having a second one, or a third, maybe a fourth if you're lucky!!!
HAHAHA! oh yeah from smiley baby to crazy tantrum you just wait until she is one...she'll have attitude she's a Baumgartner:)
Post a Comment