So I've been on this kick to clean out our entire house and finally finish the baby's room. Matt keeps calling me a little bird because of the whole nesting instinct. In the past week, I've thrown out 6 full trash bags of clothes and at least 20 boxes full of crap! Matt has been so awesome making numerous trips to the dumpster like three times everyday for the past week. Also, we've mastered getting rid of everything, if we haven't even seen it or thought of it in the last six months, there is no need to keep it. It was really hard at first, I hate letting things go - I'm totally a pack rat. But now Matt and I are freakin' pros - woo!
Anywho, here's Matt FINALLY painting Alivia's room. His goal was to be done by the end of February, which to me meant he'd be done by the end of March, so really he's WAY ahead of schedule! I was even allowed to help every now and then which was really exciting but I just ended up either spilling the paint on the floor, spilling the paint on myself, or I'd just get high with Alivia from the fumes...
No this isn't just a picture of Matt's crotch, these are the famous painting pants. There are holes EVERYWHERE. And now they have green paint everywhere. The best part was that Matt wasn't too cool to wear these outside of the house!

And here's the finished room! It's so cute! The green turned out perfect - it's so happy! We were scared of having the green either be too dark or turning out yellow green and looking like puke. It's so much better from the sick yellow that dominated this room before. I freaking love it! Now we just need to decorate! Go Matt! Woo!


And here is how I feel about being so huge... So it's 36 weeks and now the baby can come ANY TIME! At first this scared the crap out of me, but now I'm so ready for this kid to come out!!! I can't sleep at night EVER and I wake up at 2:54 every morning just to pee - which is never satisfying because it's only like a 3 second stream! I'm so excited at the same time, too. Yesterday I got so excited that I almost puked in the car! It was the funniest feeling! Matt's also WAY excited. He always goes up to her room and puts one of her outfits across his arms and pretends to be holding her! It's the cutest thing ever. Except I'm worried that he thinks that's all you do with babies...
And here's the finished room! It's so cute! The green turned out perfect - it's so happy! We were scared of having the green either be too dark or turning out yellow green and looking like puke. It's so much better from the sick yellow that dominated this room before. I freaking love it! Now we just need to decorate! Go Matt! Woo!
So here I am in all of my glory at 36 weeks. My mom said I never take serious pictures so that is what I'm trying to accomplish here. I think I look VERY serious. Anywho you can see a couple things here: 1 - I'm trying to grow out my hair and it's taken everything in me not to just chop it all off - I'm proud of myself; and B - I have a new dedication to sweats. I refuse to wear real pants for the rest of my pregnancy. These pants are actually mine, but lately I've been sporting every pair of sweats that Matt owns!
And here is how I feel about being so huge... So it's 36 weeks and now the baby can come ANY TIME! At first this scared the crap out of me, but now I'm so ready for this kid to come out!!! I can't sleep at night EVER and I wake up at 2:54 every morning just to pee - which is never satisfying because it's only like a 3 second stream! I'm so excited at the same time, too. Yesterday I got so excited that I almost puked in the car! It was the funniest feeling! Matt's also WAY excited. He always goes up to her room and puts one of her outfits across his arms and pretends to be holding her! It's the cutest thing ever. Except I'm worried that he thinks that's all you do with babies...
3 comments:
The baby's room looks great Alexis! You look great too! You guys are going to have so much fun. Where are you guys living now? Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you!
PERFECT serious pose Alexis!! I think you've got it down now! I'm staring at your beautiful picture and I just have to say... I feel your pain 5 times over! It really does get so uncomforitable at the end. Keep smiling because she'll be out before you know it! Good Luck!
~Michelle
Hey Alexis! Congrats on your baby girl! I hope the next few weeks aren't too hard on you. Hang in there! By the way, you are a freaking gorgeous pregnant woman.
Post a Comment