(Cheerleading = Death. Name that movie.)
This has NEVER been my motto. I hate running more than anything else in the world. I always have. And I suck at it, which my dad will attest to - over and over again. AND my face turns into a tomato face for at least 3 hours after I try to exert any energy towards running. So not only am I bad at it, but I look ridiculous for the rest of the day afterward!BUT it's 2011 and I decided - why not run a half marathon! I'm so excited! And terrified all at the same time. I'm totally being hardcore about it. Matt took me to get my intense running shoes that are a brand I've never even heard of. And I have my running schedule all set out to train. First, I'm running a 10k and then a couple months later - I'm doing the half marathon! Ahhhhh! So excited and scared, but I'm doing it! I feel like it's going to help me feel more in control of my life - is that weird? Probably.
Livy is being very supportive. She constantly talks about running and going to the gym. Adam is also being supportive by weaning off of nursing almost entirely. He's down to nursing only once a day! I seriously never thought this day would come. It makes me sad. He's getting so big!
But anyway - wish me luck! And if you have any tips on how to make it through a freaking half marathon - please share! I know nothing.
6 comments:
Whoa, I like running and the most I've ever run is a 10k. Good luck! I think you'll end up liking running after you get into it. It's addicting and makes you feel SO GOOD if you don't overdo it!
Also, I've always wanted to run the Georgetown-Idaho Springs half marathon because it's goes down in elevation through the race. And it's in the beautiful Colorado mountains.
And you should totally run the Bolder Boulder 10K. I've done it 3 times and it's so fun!
That is all.
Good luck!!! I've always wanted to "be a runner" but even after spending many hours at the gym, I've pretty much decided I am a failure. My trainer told me some people's bodies just aren't made for running - and I guess mine isn't. I've been thinking about doing a triathlon though...eek.
Dude, I wish I could run a half marathon with you! Dang this child growing inside me! Run it in the fall so I can do it too! Races are so much fun. I did a 10K in October and LOVED it. You will do so well! Plus, running is a great way to burn off stress, which is why I love it so much :)
Good luck Phoebe Buffay!!!!!
i started running (and i use that term loosely) last week. I am so out of shape, but i wish you were here to run with. good luck!
Post a Comment