Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Deliciousness that is: Apple Hill

We made it to Utah alive and safe! And we finally have internet! Woohoo! Hopefully it will distract me from the funk I've been in since we got here. I'm missing my life back in CA filled with amazing people, both friends and family. This morning I'm missing some friends that became family:


We are supposed to be at their house tonight for the Ruggles-Wiseman Thursday Night Line-up. But we won't be and it makes me sad. I tried to explain to Liv the other day that we lived far from her little BFF, but she didn't take it too well. I'm not taking it so well either. I guess we had gotten too comfortable and satisfied with our lives there. Heavenly Father knew it was time to shake things up so we could continue to learn and progress.

Anywho, I'm trying to catch up on the happenings with the Wisemans. A couple weeks ago, we went to Apple Hill and it was DELICIOUS. The apple doughnuts and juice are the best treat ever!

Everyone was loving Apple Hill.

Livy also had the time of her life with her first pony ride! It was the cutest thing ever. She was the smallest person there and ended up on the biggest pony. It was so funny! The whole time she kept yelling "Yee-how" (now haw - how) and "Giddy up!"

Livy was scared at first, but once she saw Cos get on one - she immediately hopped on with complete confidence.

We had so much fun playing with the kiddlies:

Livy totally prefers Raquel to me now. People always assume that Liv belongs to Raquel and Cos belongs to me. If only our children weren't little clones of their fathers...

Thrill seeker. Love those legs!

Cute Mommy-Daughter Moment

His smile is the best.

These two fight, play, and love each other like sisters.

The men tending the boys... Doing this requires sunglasses, folded arms, and a sweet stance if you want to look manly. They look like wannabe bouncers. Apparently Marc just said something HILARIOUS.

***

Later that night we had a ward activity that was Western-themed. It tied in perfectly with Liv's first pony ride earlier that day!

I mean, how sweet is her outfit? She's obsessed with this hat.

You can't see it, but Adam is wearing a sweet shirt with two guns on it that says Lil' Pistol.

Who else is singing to themselves, "Wanted. Dead or Alive!" Thank you, Bon Jovi.

Best Buds with Awkward Smiles - all they're thinking right now is: "Mommy/Alexis promised me gum if I'd smile!!!"

2 comments:

Janice said...

Hope that the move went smoothly for you guys and that you are getting all situated!!! We were at Apple Hill the same day as you guys!! Thats so funny!! We came home and were too tired from they day to make the ward party (wish we would have gone to it though)!! Your pictures are amazing too!!!

Joy said...

Oh your kids are too cute! I'm guessing that Grandma Sherrie is not too pleased that they've moved farther away from her. Hey, we're in Utah too, so if you want friends, let us know. :)