Sunday, September 5, 2010

Mr. Break-it then Fix-it

So a couple weeks ago, we're sitting in our van having a dandy old time and all of a sudden our CD player says it's jammed. LAME! So we looked it up on the internet and a lot of people said they had the same problem and that there was NOTHING you could do except pay a load of money to get it fixed. However, there was one commenter who said they took their 6 disc stereo apart and unjammed it and then put it back together and that it wasn't that hard... So instead of listening to the plethora of people who got their stereos replaces, Matt decided to do this:
(Jammed CDs)

After a solid six hours of attempting to get it out of the car and then figure out how to unjam it, Matt heard little springs from inside fly all over and then everything kind of fell apart and that ended the life of our beloved Pioneer 6 disc stereo.

Afterward, Matt researched how much a new one would be to replace it and everything was getting too expensive. So we looked on the internet and found the perfect little stereo for $150 after all was said and done and then Matt said he would just install it himself...

I went along with it because I knew how much redemption meant to him at this point. (May I just add that I had to drive the van with NO STEREO for a solid week with two crazy kids. Livy's version of the ABC's kept getting louder and louder!) Anyhoo, we finally got the stereo and after another solid 6 hours, we now have this little beauty:
Matt has officially redeemed himself! It's actually pretty sweet. It has an Aux port in the front along with a USB port for the iphone/ipod. AND it has bluetooth! I can finally stop breaking the law here! (only to leave this place two weeks later...) Anyway, I'm so proud of Matt! The end.

No comments: