Monday, December 7, 2009

Santa's Newest Elf

That would be me! Matt got me a sewing machine as an early Christmas present and I decided I wanted to try to make this weird little marionette thing:Livy has one that was actually mine when I was little and I decided it didn't look too hard to make. So I drew out a pattern and whipped this puppy out in like a couple hours, overall.

Okay so funny story. I was pretty amazed with my first sewing project, but not as much as Matt was. He pretty much thinks I'm incompetent when it comes to crafty and homemaking things. I'll admit - threading the sewing machine is not the easiest thing for me... Luckily my machine came with a how-to DVD - but once the thing is threaded - I know how to sew! Anyway, as I started putting together the pieces of this puppet - Matt looked at me in amazement and said I was some sort of wizard! He kept saying it over and over. It was just funny.

Pregnancy Update:

So I've officially entered the 3rd trimester. It really isn't that bad. I'm still sleeping pretty well. I'm just waking up a couple times a night - always at 5:30 for some weird reason. Lately, at night - I lift up my shirt and let the glorious belly be free. Anywho, I looked down one night and saw Livy rubbing the belly. It was hilarious.

I'm so excited to meet this little kid. He is so intense in there. He loves to shove his whole little body on the right side and it knocks the wind out of me every time. It's so weird. Livy use to do the exact same thing. There's just something about the right side of my stomach that is so comforting to the little fetuses. This kid is also measuring 3 cm bigger than usual. Maybe it would be a better idea to just have a c-section and have him come a week or two earlier than the due date so we can prevent him from reaching 10 lbs in there! We'll see.

Also, I know we've moved recently so if you need our address - leave your email and I'll send it to you! Maybe I'll be able to convince Matt to let me try Christmas cards again this year. It's not looking too promising, apparently he's still caught up on my past mistakes with sending cards out... but if I get permission - I'll be asking for your addresses! Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

The belly picture is so cute. It was so good to see you guys Livvy is so dang cute!