Friday, May 13, 2011

Room makeover

Is it weird that I just didn't feel settled until I did something to the kids' room to make it their own? Matt says YES that is weird and wasn't too happy when I started drawing out plans for their room and driving him crazy with questions on what he thinks about everything... But, I finally finished my plans and I'm glad they have their own little room in our house!

Here's Livy's side - Rapunzel themed, of course

Okay, these blasted lanterns took me FOREVER! They were the reason this little project took so long! I really wanted them to glow, right?? Anyway - I discovered fabric glow in the dark paint! Best invention ever! I literally took wire and like bent it into a rectangular shape and then got solid purple fabric and covered it in paint. Then I got some shimmery see through fabric to put on top so they would sparkle during the day. And then I drew the sun image and used fabric glue to attach it and covered those in glow in the dark paint, too. I felt so proud when these were finally done! The paint totally works and they glow at night! Livy was so excited when she saw them all hung up. She kept telling me thank you and how beautiful they were :) That makes the insanity worth it.

These pictures came free from the Disney store when we got the DVD - hence the reason we went with a Rapunzel theme...

This was unintentional but this Rapunzel decal is looking straight at the hanging lanterns - awesome.

I found all of these dolls that my grandma made for me for like my wedding and baptism day. I decided to display them on her little dresser.

Adam's Side:

This side was a freaking breeze. I had his whole part done in like a day. My mom informed me that I created a happy face... I still need to get pictures for all of his frames.

BYU of course. I need to hang up his BYU onesie here that he has grown out of.

No comments: