Saturday, March 12, 2011

We did it! We did it! We did it...

Apparently Dora has taken over our household. I don't know how Liv became obsessed with that show, but all of those 3-word songs get stuck in your head! Darn you, Netflix!

ANYHOO, my mom and I completed our first ever 10k today! Woo! It was not easy. I'm not a runner. At all. By the end, I was begging my mom to go on without me and let me fall down into one of those irrigation ditch things on the side of the road. I wanted to just lay down and die. But then she kept tricking me into running farther. My goal was to finish. And I totally did! And faster than I thought I would, even though my end time was ridiculously slow. I wasn't the last person - so there's that at least. :)

The kids were so excited and then so depressed that they had to wait FOREVER for Mommy.

A respectable (EMBARASSING) 1:19 finish. I really thought that it had been like 1:45. I was actually surprised.

Kelsey joined me and my mom for the fun. I think she probably had a little more fun than I did because she's actually good at running :)

Mad face because of all the trickery I just endured.

Fine! I'm happy you pushed me.

Me being difficult with my tomato face that lasted several hours afterward.

Livy was so proud.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Go Alexis! I think that's awesome!

alyssa said...

That's impressive! 10k is my limit and no matter how much I run, I always run it in the amount that you did, so way to go!

Holly said...

that's so awesome! Hey we'll be in Utah for the summer we should hang out sometime!