Friday, March 6, 2009

Ginormous, Big, Gigantuous News!!!

So... Matt got a job! An awesomely amazing job! Guess where!
That's right - he's working with Comcast which not only means awesome pay and benefits - but free cable and internet - WOO! So what have we decided to do with our two more weeks of freedom together? A CRUISE!

Matt and I have never been on a cruise or to Mexico, so we decided to pull a couple of firsts next week and go on a Carnival cruise! Yay! We're taking Livers with us. We're so freaking excited! It's a five-day, four-night trip from L.A. to Catalina Island to Ensenada, Mexico then back to L.A. We can't freaking wait.

In other news, I am now a licensed California driver! Woo! The whole process only took an hour at the DMV and was relatively painless, but I was so scared to take the written test - I don't know why. So beforehand, I took all of the little practice tests online and briefly skimmed the little handbook online. Then I went through everything at the DMV and then my test was last. It took me about 5 minutes, then the lady graded the 36 questions in about 2 seconds - literally. And guess what! 100% baby! Woo! Here's the proof.The lady was excited for me and wanted to shout hooray for me but she couldn't (serious case of smoker's throat) so she drew the happy face instead!

Needless to say, we've felt seriously blessed today. Even though things didn't happen the way he had hoped - they turned out 10 times more awesome! We're very grateful!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Congrats on the new job and more importantly, the free cable and internet! Score!

So jealous of your cruise... can't wait to see pics!

Jennifer said...

Wow, congrats on the new job that's awesome! I work for a Time Warner Cable news station so same thing... free cable and internet, it's great!! Any so far, they seem to be doing ok with the economy and all.

You are going to have sooooo much fun on your cruise! We went on one like that for our honeymoon and just went on another one our of Orlando for our 4th anniversary! Cruises are THE WAY TO GO for SURE! You are going to have a blast, can't wait to read about it and see pics!

Anonymous said...

how exciting!!! and yeah i'm not surprised you got 100% on your test. you freak out easily and then the best possible outcome, comes out. yay for you! I wonder if i'm gonna have to get a new license . . . hmmm. . . .

oh yeah, yay for free cable!

~amy p

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you two! Rnjoy the cruise. Don't drink the local water 'cause you'll get,... uh..., well, you know.

I don't know how to leave my name. Aaagggghhh.

JB