Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cute Baby Jake!

Matt's brother, Ben, and his wife, Donnie, had their baby last week and he is so freakin cute! He has the longest blonde hair I've ever seen on a newborn! Matt was so excited to hold his newest little nephew. It was so weird for us to hold such a tiny baby! Alivia looks HUGE to compared to the cute little one!

So Donnie and I spent a lot of time talking about our pregnancies with each other because our pregnancies were so close; and then there were so many weird coincidences with mine and Donnie's pregnancy and delivery! Here's just a couple:

1. We both had weird little white spots on our arms.
2. We both leaked colostrum at a really early stage - bleh!
3. We both gave birth on the third day after our due date.

4. We both went through many hours of labor and then had to have a c-section because we couldn't dilate any farther.
5. I gave birth in a hospital right next to their house and she gave birth right next to our place.
6. The babies' birth times were both palindromes 6:06 and 11:11 (Matt figured that one out, he's a nerd)
7. We both puked after delivery (not a pleasant memory for either of us)

And those are just a few that I can remember right now.

Also, Matt's shirt rocks my world.
So every time we went and visited them in the hospital - Alivia was freaking out. I think she could tell that all of the attention had shifted from her to her new little cousin. This is clearly illustrated in this next picture. She's mastered the stink eye at such a young age! It's hilarious!

No comments: