Here's Alivia's first picture after she was cleaned up in the nursery. I know, I know, she's the cutest baby you've ever seen... We like to think we did a good job!
Here is one of Matt's first moments with Alivia. Matt pretty much wins the best husband ever award. He stayed with Alivia from the time she came out until the time I finally got to see her. I may or may not have seen one too many Lifetime movies where babies are stolen from the hospital - so he was on strict orders to be at her side AT ALL TIMES!
And here's my mom with Alivia. I don't think I would have made it through the whole C-Section ordeal without her. She was there while I was recovering right after surgery. She stayed at the hospital overnight with us for the first two days - Best Mom Ever Award also goes out to Nance Pance. Also you can see this mohawk thing going on with Alivia's hair - the nurses claim it was a curl of some sort... Matt was just excited that they had matching faux hawks.
Okay so Alivia was freaking awesome the first night. She needed to be fed twice but then she slept for a five hour block! Then the second night came around - I think Matt and I got a total of three hours of sleep. So here's Matt the next morning. Both of them are recovering from a bit of a stressful night.
Here's a cute pic! I know you're not suppose to mess with pacifiers because of nipple confusion and what not but Alivia has zero problems with that. She happens to be the hardest sucker of all time - the lactation nurse actually laughed when she saw Alivia latch on. She had never seen a baby suck as hard as this little sucker...
Gotta have a little feet shot! Matt laughed so hard because she got my feet - there's a ginormous gap in between the first big toe and the rest. I'd like to thank my dad for passing that onto me and now poor Alivia must suffer. But it's great for flip flops!
Here's the little baby bin Alivia lived in for the first couple of days! She's so cute when she's sleeping...
And we finally came home, thank goodness. I don't like staying in the hospital - but we did have awesome nurses. As you can tell, last night was also a bit crazy, so Alivia and I caught up on some much needed sleep the second we got home.

We had to clean Alivia off today because she peed and pooped all over Matt while he was changing her (HILARIOUS) and then we put her in her first outfit ever. When I finished dressing her, I thought she looked so funny, but I couldn't stop laughing - which totally sucks with the incision. I have to do this weird creepy laugh so I don't die! She's so little - everything looks ginormous on her! It's so funny - also mittens are hilarious to me.
So Matt and I tried our hardest today to keep Alivia up so we get rid of this whole nocturnal way of life. She will not wake up for the life of me! I tried moving her around, tickling her, THE WORKS - she slept through it all. At this point I decided to sit her up to try to get her to budge but instead she just fell asleep on my hand - she's hilarious - unfortunately tonight will not be as funny!
16 comments:
wow alexis, she really is the cutest little girl ever! absolutely beautiful!
Congratulations!!! I'm sorry you had a scary ordeal. But it looks like it all turned out for you! She's adorable. I hope you're healing well and enjoying your new bundle.
She's so so cute!!! They are way too precious when they are that small! I hope everything is going well for you! I am so happy you posted some pictures of her, I kept on looking back like 20 times a day! I'm so happy for you guys. Send me your address so I can send you a baby present! Congratulations! Enjoy these moments... they grow up way too fast! Ü
Congratulations you guys. She is beautiful!
ooo she is SO cute!! congratulations and keep the pics coming!! im especially excited for all of the holiday mascot pics... mainly thanksgiving!
Alexis,
We called and spoke with your Dad and got the lo-down on your crazy experiance! We are so happy that everything turned out good for you! Alivia is so sweet! Keep taking pictures of her because she will grow really fast! Enjoy!
Take Care!
~The Jordan Fam!
She is amazing!! I am not going to lie when you guys told me she slept 5 hours I was so jelous eeing as how Boston is 2 1/2 months old and he barely does longer. I am so happy for you guys being parents is the best!!!
Congratulations! What a doll! She's so tiny! We always forget how little they are when they are brand new. Way to be a trooper Alexis! We love you guys!
The Pages
She is so precious I can't believe I used to have a newborn because MAN they grow fast! Berlin is almost 20 lbs! I love her outfits as for the creepy laugh my mom has many stories about her C-section and trying not to laugh...hopefully you are never eating when you laugh because I heard it can be a disaster:)
I can't wait til I get home and get to come meet this wonderful little girl!!! She is SO precious!!!
Congrats, she is beautiful. I'm glad everything is okay for you all! The nights get better. Ella wasn't going to bed until 2 AM for the first couple of weeks, and is now on a regular schedule. Just take it easy.
Alexis you guys do good work. She is gorgeous. What fun! We are so jealous of you! How's the recovery? OH OH OH How I am happy for you!
Alexis you guys do good work. She is gorgeous. What fun! We are so jealous of you! How's the recovery? OH OH OH How I am happy for you!
congrats alexis and matt! she is so beautiful! I am so happy for you. good luck and have fun!
Congrats! I am in awe at your beautiful baby girl & even more that little Matty is a dad. Holy Hanna! You guys are going to be awesome parents.
Also, Alexis you are AMAZING! I can't believe that you had a C-Section & then still took finals the next week. I've been bragging about you to everyone!
Finally, congrats to both of you for graduating. Now go get some sleep already!
aw! great work guys! she IS the most beautiful baby girl... congrats! loves!
Post a Comment